Sunday, August 19, 2007

Dollar Store finds...and Vanna White

A week ago my mom had mentioned to me that The Dollar Tree had yarn on sale. We went there on Saturday to check it out and I got 12 skeins of yarn for $12. Nothing super fancy, its Lion Brand, but at $1 for a skein its a nice deal. Check out the pictures:

Dollar Store Find
Tada...$12 of Yarn

Dollar Store Find
Purple for Neil, blue for Erik, pink and yellow for Heather and red and blues for Erin

Dollar Store Find
This matches the yarn my mom brought back from France

Dollar Store Find
I just liked the color of this stuff

There's a Michael's is right next to the dollar store and I wanted to see if I could find anything to match the Fancy Fur, I'm planning to make hats for Christmas, and I found this:

Vanna's Choice - $2.99

It's Vanna White peddling yarn. It's Lion Brand acrylic at $2.99 a pop. The funny thing is that Vanna is the only celebrity I've ever seen endorsing anything to do with knitting, but I got a chuckle out of if all the same ; )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.