Friday, December 28, 2007

Happy Holidays...

I just found out that I'm able to access Blogger at work...for now, so I'm going to use it to my advantage.

Recent Projects:

Feather and Fan Shawl: Eugen Beugler in A Gathering of Lace

I am making this for my mom, for Christmas and her birthday in March. Hopefully I will get it done in time. The yarn I'm using is Bare Lace from Knitpicks, dyed with Kool-aid.

I will add pictures later...I am having issues uploading them. Also, I will blog about my dyeing adventures.

Jacob's Duck Hunt Sweater: Me

I found a graph online of the dog from Duck Hunt, and I am going to make Jacob a sweater. I'm using Telemark from Knitpicks.

Pictures coming...


Christmas Venting:
My Christmas this year sucked. I love Christmas, I really do, but my family is a very selfish and mean family. This year was the worst, it sucked, it was painful, and it was just plain ridiculous.

Big elephant # 1: My mom's youngest sister makes no attempt at hiding the fact that she has a favorite niece, and even though I am her god-daughter, its not me. I get a digital keychain for Christmas (as well did my younger cousin) and my cousin Erin gets a beautiful blue crystal bowl.

Big elephant # 2: My mom's youngest sister and her family also bring presents for each other to Christmas, to show off. This year, my cousin Neil received a cell phone, in front of everyone. This little event made me really happy I only spent 50 cents on my cousins (I got them calendars from Target, and they loved them). This is a stab in the heart to my mom, who is a single mom and wasn't ever able to provide that much for us.

Big elephant # 3: My mom's middle sister gave my mom and I the same gift. The. Same. Gift. Lotion and a nail kit. My mom has been doing her own manicures for years and already had everything in those kits. So my mom gets shitty gifts from her sisters who, even though they supposedly hate each other, give each other very nice gifts.


Big elephant # 4: I am single, and I don't make a whole lot of money, but I put thought and time into my gifts for people, and I expect the same from others, but this wasn't the case. When you get the EXACT SAME gift as someone else, it cheapens the gift. Christmas is not about presents, it is about giving, and spending time with your loved ones.


And he puzzled and puzzled, till his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before!
"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store.
Maybe Christmas… perhaps… means a little bit more."


Just call me the Grinch.

No comments: