Friday, May 18, 2007

Current Projects...

Last fall I had gone to Crafty Planet to find 16" circulars and I found this really nice and soft yarn. Rowan Cashsoft in Mist. It is so pretty, and purple. I knew I wanted to make a hat out of it but I didn't know what kind. My friend Amber help me a bit, sending me so pretty awesome patterns, but they just didn't suit my fancy. So, finally, a couple weeks ago I decided that I would make my own pattern. It's pretty simple.

Cast on 110 stitches on US 4 circs.

Do 1in of ribbing in p2 k3

Start the pattern (change to US 6)

Row 1-4 *p2 k6 p2 k1* repeat 11 times

Row *5 p2 put 3 stitches on a cable needle (or spare dpn as I'm doing) and hold in back, k3 k3 for the cable needle (or dpn) p2 k1* repeat 11 times

Repeat rows 1-5 until the pattern reaches 5 inches.

**I haven't gotten this far so I don't know how I'm going to decrease. I am open to suggestions. I would like to keep cabling up to the top, but this is my first cabled project so I'm not sure it can be done.
Cable Hat
The picture is kinda yellowy...the color is prettier than the picture shows.
I've also been working on a scarf for my friend Kay. She found out I knitted and asked me to make her a scarf. I found the pattern online but I can't remember where I found it. I will find the instructions and post the link later...I promise. The yarn I'm using is KnitPicks Decadence it Winter Berry.
Kay's Scarf
The picture is kind of blurry, but it shows the detail pretty well. I like it and I hope she does too.
In the future, I will try to get all of my Finished projects uploaded. I've been really lazy about it. I still have pictures of Christmas gifts on my camera.

1 comment:

Amber Joy said...

That hat is going to be so gorgeous! You can certainly keep the cables all the way up to the top - you could do something like decrease until the plain ribs disappear, and then shrink the cables into 1x1 cables when you get closer to the top... it's kind of hard to explain, but I did it on this hat and it worked out great (although it took a lot of math and trial-and-error!)