Friday, June 15, 2007

Okay, I know it takes me forever to update this thing, but I FINALLY have a couple updates.


First, my Cable Hat. I had finished this when I got home from Iowa, but I made it way too small. I frogged about half of it and then got a couple inches knitted. I can probably start decreasing now, but I think I'm going to get a life line in there first. I had taken some pictures earlier this week, but hated how they turned out, so I took some more last night. They're not that much better.


Side View - Cable Hat
Hmmm...I could have thought about the ribbing a little more...it doesn't match the pattern too well.


Front View - Cable Hat
Does my nose look crooked?


I'm also getting pretty far on my first pair of socks...I started these in January? The yarn is Moda Dea Sassy Stripes in Lucky and the pattern is Wendy's Generic Toe-Up Sock Pattern. I used the Magic cast on for the two, its super easy and there's no tightening to do.


Sock

I got the needles from KnitPicks and I promised Amber I would give a review on them. You can see the cord coming out of the sock on the pictures. They offer sizes US0 - US11 and the lenghts range from 16" to 32". US4 thru US11 only come in 16". They made of a flexible plastic so they don't have a memory and they don't kink, like the Susan Bates ones do. I'm using Susan Bates for my hat and it stretches out the stitches a bit. I got the US3's in the 32" and they are awesome for knitting two socks at once, although I did take one off when I got to the heel.

Sock

My dad's family is having a picnic this Sunday, so I may be able to get some prime knitting time it. Well, we'll see.

No comments: